Wednesday 29 May 2013

Delta de l'Ebre - a Very Different Part of Catalonia


Since I have always associated rice fields with the four years we spent living in Thailand, before we went down to Delta de l'Ebre (Tarragona, Catalonia), I reminded myself that I must not miss to check out how they look in Europe. As if there were any risk we could have missed them - the Ebro delta is much bigger than I ever imagined and still it is virtually completely covered with rice fields.



Among the other lasting impressions we brought home with us, I would also like to mention the extremely wide beaches, the wild flamingos (although I admit that you hardly see them in my photos of them) and the fantastic rice dishes we were served.

I would not say that this is the most breathtaking part of Catalonia, but its water and sky dominated sceneries certainly stand out in this otherwise always mountainous country.


- - -
We stayed in a bungalow at Camping Eucaliptus and - with the exception of the unnecessarily time consuming check-in process -, we were highly content with the location, facilities, playgrounds for the children and restaurant.





No comments: